CLEAR CREEK PRESS offers one of the most complete publishing packages in the industry today, including editing, formatting, cover design, ISBN numbers, bar codes, manuscript conversion to acceptable formats for, and registration of your book with one of the largest e-book and Print on Demand technology companies in the country (1st Books Library). We also assist with registration of your book with Amazon.com, and the largest book wholesalers in the U.S.-Ingram Book Group and Baker & Taylor Books.
We provide conventional printing for book runs of 1,500 or more, AND we offer the latest electronic printing technologies for short runs (from one or two copies to 100, 300, 500, up to 1,500) through POD (Print on Demand) and PQN (Print Quantity Needed) publishing.
Ask about our "starter packages" for new authors who want to test the viability of their books in today's markets without spending a fortune. This innovative concept offers the fledgling author quality editing, formatting, and cover design; a manageable number of printed books in hand; e-book and Amazon.com registration on the Internet; registration with wholesalers, and an opportunity to sell your books in the same playing fields as other major authors.
|P.O. Box 1081 |
Mena, AR 71953
|REASONABLY PRICED ASSISTED|
SELF-PUBLISHING DONE WITH
QUALITY AND INTEGRITY
ASSISTED SELF-PUBLISHING PACKAGES FOR NEW AUTHORS:
Perfect for biographies, family histories, and the new novelist.
A quality book to your specifications, a color cover, with Internet and bookstore sales availability across the country and around the world, and an opportunity to purchase as many copies as you want (from 1 or 2, up to 1,500 at a time) at the wholesale price of the book.
1. Clear Creek will provide manuscript editing, formatting for appropriate book trim size (trade paperback, mass market paper back, hard cover), and processing into Adobe Acrobat PDF file for printer.
2. Cover design: Clear Creek Press will assign you to one of our graphics companies, where you can work directly with the cover designer to produce a full-color cover that satisfies all your criteria.
3. Clear Creek Press, in conjunction with 1st Books Library, will provide you with electronic book (e-book) formatting, and Print on Demand, as well as e-book registration and publishing, with 1st Books Library.
E-BOOK PUBLICATION: Your book will be available in e-book format for Internet purchase by anyone in the world through 1st Books Library - Anyone with an online computer can visit the 1st Books website, pay the appropriate price for your book via credit card, then download the book to their computer for their reading leisure (or print it out and read it). You receive 40 percent of each sale, remitted to you quarterly.
PRINT ON DEMAND PUBLICATION: Your manuscript will be formatted, processed into PDF file and digitized to be produced through Ingram Book Group's Lightning Print Division via the very latest technology in the printing industry-Print on Demand Publishing. Once your book has been digitized and added to Lightning Print's giant computer-operated book printing machine, and registered with Ingram's "Books in Print" database, any major bookstore in the U.S. (over 25,000 stores) can order your book, to be delivered in just days.
You can order as many copies of your book as you want - at wholesale price-through Ingram/1st Books, for friends and family, book signings, and special events.
The Print on Demand and e-book Publishing package is the greatest innovation for the new author since the computer. It offers the fledgling author an opportunity to "test market" his or her book(s) at a very reasonable author purchase price per book, without having to invest in the printing of large numbers of books through conventional printing.
1. Editing, formatting and Adobe Acrobat PDF file processing: This will vary with the size of the book and the amount of editing needed, but generally, for a manuscript (on disk) of up to approximately 150 pages, the fee for editing, formatting and PDF processing is $500. If your manuscript is not on disk, there is a scanning and cleaning fee of $1 per printed page.
2. Cover Design for a standard, up to full color cover, is generally $300.
3. Electronic book formatting and registration for Internet availability and sales around the world, the digitizing of your book and Print on Demand preparation, and the registering of your book with Ingram Book Group, the largest book wholesaler in the U.S. -- $500
4. Clear Creek Press will assist you in purchasing the necessary publisher identification ISBN number and Bar Code for your book. Cost for a package of 10 ISBN numbers (they only sell them in groups of 10), will cost $205. The Bar Code is approximately $35.
5. The registration of your publishing company name with an attorney will cost approximately $75.
|Editing and formatting||$500|
|E-book and POD registration||$500|
|Bar Code||$ 35|
|Name registration||$ 75|
You may, at this point, purchase as many of your books as you want at the Wholesale Price - An average 150-page book will sell for $9.95. Your cost (what you pay) is approximately $4.85 per book (with shipping approx. $5).
When your book is ordered and sold through a bookstore, you make about $1.50 per sale.